You will be in a bikini on Thursday. You will be in a bikini on Thursday. You will be in a bikini on Thursday.
Eh, screw it. Who I am I to deny the
cravings for carbs and fat whims of my body?
For the past few weeks, my breakfast has consisted of a few raw pieces of fruit: an apple and banana, say, or a few nectarines. (This may be the closest I ever come to a raw food diet, and I'm willing to live with that.) While it gives me amazing energy and (surprisingly) keeps me satiated until lunch, for the past few days I've been craving something a little more...substantial.
Which means one thing: bring on the pancakes. Lots of 'em.
To give myself a little credit, they're whole wheat, vegan, and I added some fruits and veggies for more fiber.
Does that negate the fact that I slathered them in SmartBalance Light and agave nectar? My sources point to no.
Day 1: Carrot Pancakes
|Yes, I realize this looks like someone already ate it. It's about the process, people!|
|Doesn't it look like they're holding hands? Aww...#ineedtogetoutmore|
|Not bad if I do say so myself.|
Day 2: Apple Pancakes
|See caption under: Day 1 Carrot Batter|
|One minute, they're all peaceful and ready to be flipped...|
|then..BAM!..they're on a suicide mission. (Camera shaking due to laughter.)|
|Can we all agree that my photography is majorly improving? Thank you, thank you very much.|
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking power
1 tsp. salt
1 cup almond milk
Optional: 1 cup shredded carrots OR 1 cup unpeeled, diced apple
1. Mix everything together in a big bowl. Stir it around a little bit.
2. Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray.
3. Drop batter onto griddle using a 1/3 measuring cup.
4. When beginning to brown around the edges and bubble, it's time to flip them.
5. Make every effort to keep the pancake on the griddle and off the floor as you turn it.
6. When lightly browned on other side, remove griddle from heat, pour on the (vegan) butter and syrup, and enjoy! Serves 2.
So maybe I won't look like Gisele on Thursday. (Or ever.) But I'm happy, healthy, and not longer hungry after two days of eating like this. Now pass the syrup, please.